Tuesday 24 April 2012

Nepal - getting in, and to Kathmandu

Its so hot at the moment, that instead of going to Pokhara for a few days, i decided to head straight to Kathmandu, which is higher, and get my Everest hike started earlier. While this is clearly a great plan, if i do say so myself, it was hindered rather BY THE BUS FROM HEEEELLLLLL. Not only was it the most expensive transport i have taken so far, but it was the worst. I took a video that will eventually get added. I had a seat at the back, with literally 1/2foot of legroom, meaning i had to have both legs in the isle, and sitting at an angle...for 19hours. The speakers for the bus were just above my head, the road was terrible AND the driver was going around 100km/h on it.. just a horrible horrible bus.

Which was a shame, as the border crossing had been such a pleasure - friendly and relaxed guards on both sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment